How do I transfer my .es domain to One.com?
This step-by-step guide explains how to transfer your .es domain to One.com.
Step 1 - Check the registration details and status of your domain
When you transfer a .es domain to another registrar, you will have to confirm the process from the administrative contact's email address.
- Search for your domain in the WHOIS on www.nic.es.
- Make sure the administrative contact email address is up-to-date and the domain status is activated.
- Check the expiration date. If it is within 15 days, you need to renew the domain with your current registrar before you can transfer it.
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only your domain is transferred, the content has to be moved manually.
Step 2 - Place an order on our website
The next step is to place an order for web hosting on our website and activate it.
- Type in your domain in the top right corner on our website and click enter.
- On the next page click Yes, this is my domain.
- Select the package you want and continue to complete the order.
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you paid online, your order will be activated automatically (unless further checks are required). If you chose bank transfer you need to activate the order with an SMS code.
Tip: The email address that you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Approve the transfer
To complete the transfer, you need to approve it from the administrative email address. You need to approve it within 10 days, after this it will expire.
- Open the email from NIC.es or red.es. Check your spamfolder if you cannot find it.
- Click the link in the email to approve the transfer.
Your domain will now been transferred to One.com. This process can take up to 7 days.
Tip: Ask your current registrar to change the name servers for your domain to ours. Then you can start with your website right away. Our name servers are: ns01.one.com and ns02.one.com.