How do I transfer my .com/.net/.org domain to One.com?
This step-by-step guide explains how to transfer your gTLD (.com, .net, .org) to One.com.
The transfer procedure for generic top-level domains is decided by ICANN and all registrars need to adhere to this.
Step 1 - Prepare your domain for transfer and request the Auth-ID
Before you start a transfer of a gTLD to another registrar, you need to do some preparations. Contact your current registrar if you need to make any changes.
- Lookup the current details on your gTLD domain in the WHOIS on whois.icann.org.
- Disable domain privacy, if you have this enabled on your domain.
- Check if you have access to the registrant email address.
- Make sure the domain is unlocked and the status is set to OK.
- Request the Auth-ID to be sent to you by your current registrar.
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only your domain is transferred, content you need to move manually.
Step 2 - Place an order on our website
- Type in your domain in the top right corner on our website and click enter.
- On the next page click Yes, this is my domain.
- Select the package you want and continue to complete the order.
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you paid online, your order will be activated automatically. If you chose bank transfer you need to activate the order with an SMS code.
Tip: The email address that you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Approve the Domain Registration Agreement
In accordance with ICANN's rules, the registrant of the domain needs to approve the Domain Registration Agreement. The agreement explains our obligations to you, and your obligations to us when it comes to your domain.
- Open the email with the subject "Please accept the Domain Registration Agreement for...".
- Click the link in the email to approve.
Note: The email with the link to approve the Domain Registration Agreement will be sent to the registrant email address. It is the address where you also received the Auth-ID.
Step 4 - Enter the Auth-ID
The next step is to provide us with the Auth-ID, also called EPP code. You should have received this from your current registrar.
- Open the order confirmation email you received from us. It was sent to your contact email address.
- Click Go to domain transfer page.
- Paste the Auth-ID in the provided field and click Transfer.
Step 5 - Approve the transfer
To complete the transfer you need to approve it. An email will be sent to same address as where you received the Auth-ID and Domain Registration Agreement.
- Open the email with the subject "Initial Authorization for Registrar Transfer" (most cases).
- Click the link in the email to approve the transfer.
From the moment you approved the transfer it takes 5-10 days until the domain is transferred. We will send you an email as soon as the transfer is completed.
Tip: Ask your current registrar to change the name servers for your domain to ours. Then you can start with your website right away. Our name servers are: ns01.one.com and ns02.one.com.