How do I transfer my .be domain to One.com?
This step-by-step guide explains how to transfer your .be domain to One.com.
Step 1 - Check the email address and transfer status for your domain
When you transfer a .be domain to another registrar, you need a transfer code (Auth id). The code will be sent to the email address that is registered on your domain. The domain also needs to be free to transfer.
- Search for your domain in the WHOIS on www.dnsbelgium.be.
- Check the registrant email address. If you don't have access to the address, please contact your current provider to have it updated.
- Check if the transfer status for the domain is set to allowed, if not contact your hosting provider to have it changed.
Tip: You can also request the transfer code yourself on the WHOIS page on the DNS website. Search your domain on dnsbelgium.be, scroll down to Request Transfercode and click YES and then YES again.
Step 2 - Place an order on our website
The next step is to place an order for web hosting on our website and activate it.
- Type in your domain in the top right corner on our website and click enter.
- On the next page click Yes, this is my domain.
- Select the package you want and continue to complete the order.
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you paid online, your order will be activated automatically. If you chose bank transfer you need to activate the order with the SMS code.
Tip: The email address that you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Enter the transfer code
As soon as you activate your order, we will request the transfer code.
- Open the email you received from dnsbelgium.be and copy the transfer code.
- Locate the confirmation email from One.com in your inbox.
- Click the link Transfer your domain, paste the transfer code in the field and click Approve.
Your domain has now been transferred to One.com. If it doesn't work right away, that is because the DNS cache hasn't been updated. Normally that takes about an hour.
Quarantine: When a .be domain expires it gets quarantined for 40 days. During this period the domain cannot be used. It is possible to reactivate the domain again for a fee. The only person who can reactivate the domain is the registrant. After the quarantine period runs out, the domain becomes available for registration again.