Using One.com Cloud Drive Apps on Android
Use your One.com Cloud Drive app anywhere by downloading it to your mobile phone, your computer or another device. One.com Cloud Drive works with any Android device.
All these features are integrated in the Cloud Drive app for you Android device:
- Access your entire One.com Cloud Drive on the go
- Browse and view files directly from your Cloud Drive. Use third-party apps to open and edit files.
- Take photos and videos using your device’s built-in camera and save them directly to your One.com Cloud Drive.
- Music solutions for fast streaming.
- Gallery that makes it easy to get organized
- Automatic/Real time sync of files between your Cloud Drive and device/phone and stay updated. Support for Wi-Fi and scheduled sync.
- Share your files via links! Send them to your friends using email, text messaging, or copy and paste the link into any application.
- Secured data solution using AES-256 encryption.
- App supports remote editing of files directly from device
- Any Android device.
- Android OS v1.6 and above.
Remote View of your data:
You can see your Cloud Drive data remotely and perform different actions:
- You can can create folders, and store all kind of files.
- You can upload photos, music, video and other filetypes.
- You can delete, rename and share folders/files.
- You can edit files directly on your Cloud Drive.
Easy sync to your device’s Favorites:
The One.com Cloud Drive app will automatically sync files when you mark them as Favorites. Once they are in Favorites, you’re able to access them anytime, even if you aren’t connected to the internet.
You can add files to Favorites by doing the following:
- Tap on any file and select the action Add to Favorite.
- This will save the file to your device for offline viewing.
When the file is added to Favorites, the file is tagged with the favorite icon to indicate the status. You can just delete the file from Favorites if you would like to remove it.
About updating your files in Favorites to the latest version:
- Any change will be automatically updated in Favorites based on the sync preferences set.
- A green star will be blinking at the bottom left of the file-icon, which indicates that the file is automatically being synced.
The app will automatically filter all the music/video files from the drive and put them under Music tab’s different sections based on the category of the music files.
Click on any category to view the files.
- You can play a track by directly tapping on the track and play all files by clicking the Play button.
- You can download a track by clicking the blue download button. The green circle indicates that file is already downloaded.
- You can navigate between different sections like Album, Songs etc., and you can play a track.
The Pictures tab is more than just a convenient place to display your photos. The app will automatically filter all the picture files from the drive and put them under the Pictures tab.
Tapping on the Image album lets you view the image thumbnails in a grid view.
Supported file formats
|Type||Format||Encoder||Decoder||Details||File Type(s) Supported|
|Audio||AAC LC/LTP||Mono/Stereo content in any combination of standard bit rates up to 160 kbps and sampling rates from 8 to 48kHz||3GPP (.3gp) and MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4a). No support for raw AAC (.aac)|
|HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+)|
|AMR-NB||4.75 to 12.2 kbps sampled @ 8kHz||3GPP (.3gp)|
|AMR-WB||9 rates from 6.60 Kbit/s to 23.85 Kbit/s sampled @ 16kHz||3GPP (.3gp)|
|MP3||Mono/Stereo 8-320Kbps constant (CBR) or variable bit-rate (VBR)||MP3 (.mp3)|
|MIDI||MIDI Type 0 and 1. DLS Version 1 and 2. XMF and Mobile XMF. Support for ringtone formats RTTTL/RTX, OTA, and iMelody||Type 0 and 1 (.mid, .xmf, .mxmf). Also RTTTL/RTX (.rtttl, .rtx), OTA (.ota), and iMelody (.imy)|
|Ogg Vorbis||Ogg (.ogg)|
|PCM/WAVE||8- and 16-bit linear PCM (rates up to limit of hardware)||WAVE (.wav)|
|Video||H.263||3GPP (.3gp) and MPEG-4 (.mp4)|
|H.264 AVC||3GPP (.3gp) and MPEG-4 (.mp4)|
|MPEG-4 SP||3GPP (.3gp)|
Sharing a file will create a link to the file with which you can email or copy and paste into instant messages, text messages, or any other of your favorite applications.
If you want to share files with your friends, follow these steps:
- 1. Navigate to All Files/Favorites tab.
- 2. View the files/folder.
- 3. Tap the file or click menu for folder sharing and do Share.
- 4. Tap the E-mail button, or choose Copy To Clipboard to paste the link into another app.
- 5. Enter the e-mail addresses for the recipients.
- 6. Tap the Done button.
The sync function always keeps your data up to date on your device. The sync preferences can be set either on the device or on the server side. The sync can be set to either Wi-Fi sync or Schedule sync which can be performed every 2 to 10 minutes. If you enable Wi-Fi sync, Schedule sync will automatically be disabled.
For easy sync settings just navigate to Settings -> Sync Settings
The caching function improves the performance. You can configure File Cache and Media Cache based storage capacity on the device .
For configuration navigate to Settings->Cache Settings and then navigate to File Cache/Media Cache and set the value.
The passcode secures your One.com Cloud Drive by asking a four-digit passcode to be entered during app launch.
For configuration navigate to Settings and click on Passcode Lock and enter your four digit passcode.
Delete All Files from Device
You can clear your account data by navigating to the Settings option.
- You can clear your account data by navigating to the Settings option.
- This will delete all the files downloaded from your account on the device.
This will delete all the files downloaded from your account on the device.