Using the Bix app on iPhone and iPad
We have updated the Bix app. Find the guides for the new version here:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- iOS v3.0 and above for iPad and iOS v3.2 for iPhone/iPod.
Easy Sync to Device Favourites
The One.com app will automatically sync files when you mark them as Favourites. Once they are in Favourites, you are able to access them anytime, even if you are not connected to the internet.
Add files to Favourites
- Add the file to the app’s Favourites by pressing the star icon at the top right.
- This saves the file to your iPhone or iPod Touch for offline viewing.
When a file is added to Favourites, the file is tagged with the favourite icon to indicate its status. You can manage the status at any time by selecting or deselecting the star icon.
Update your Favourites to the latest version
- Any change will be automatically updated in Favourites based on the sync preference set.
- A green star blinking at the bottom left of the file indicates auto sync.
The app will automatically filter all the music and video files from Bix and put them in different sections of its Music tab based on the different categories of the files.
Click on any category to view the files.
- You can play a track by directly tapping on the track. Play all files by tapping the Play button.
- You can download a track by tapping the blue download button. A green circle indicates that file has been downloaded already.
- You can navigate through different sections such as Album, Songs etc.
The Pictures tab is more than just a convenient place to display your photos. The app will automatically filter all the picture files from Bix and put them in the Pictures tab.
You can view the image thumbnails in grid view by tapping on the Image album.
- Tap the camera icon to capture photos/videos and upload to the current album.
- Tap the photo album icon to upload photos/videos.
Supported audio and video file formats
|MPEG-1, layer 3||.mp3|
|MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 ADTS||.aac|
|H.264 Baseline Profile Level 3.0 video, up to 640x480 at 30 fps. (The Baseline profile does not support B frames.) MPEG-4 Part 2 video (Simple Profile)||.mov, .mp4, .mpv, .3gp|
Supported image file formats
|Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)||.tiff, .tif|
|Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG)||.jpg, .jpeg|
|Graphic Interchange Format (GIF)||.gif|
|Portable Network Graphic (PNG)||.png|
|Windows Bitmap Format (DIB)||.bmp, .BMPf|
|Windows Icon Format||.ico|
One.com app supports editing only for text files. To edit other files user needs to export to third party app and after editing user can import it back to One.com app.
How to import from third-party app
Steps to follow to import:
- Open the file in the third-party app.
- Export the document to One.com. The One.com app will show an alert message and the file will then be added in the Imported Files list.
- The One.com app supports editing only for text files. To edit other files types, you need to export them to a third-party app. After editing, you need to import the file back into the One.com app.
- Imported files can also be uploaded to Bix.
To update a Favourite file with an imported file:
- Tap the blue circle arrow of any of the imported files.
- The app will then navigate to Favourites and replace the file.
How to export files to a third-party app
Open any document file from the Favourites/Import Files tab.
- Tap the export icon.
- This will list any third-party app installed on the device available to open the file.
You can share a file by creating a link to the file which you then can e-mail or copy and paste into instant messages, text messages, or any other of your favourite applications.
How to share files
- Navigate to the All Files/Favourites Tab.
- View the file you want to share by tapping the file.
- Tap the i-icon in top right corner of the page.
- Tap the Share button.
- Tap the Email button or select Copy to Clipboard to paste the link in another app.
- Enter the email address of the recipient.
- Tap Done.
The sync mechanism always keeps your data up to date on your device. The sync preferences can be set either from client side or server side. The sync can be configured to use either WiFi Sync or Schedule Sync and a time span from two to ten minutes. If you enable WiFi Sync, Schedule Sync will be automatically disabled.
For the easy sync settings, just navigate to Settings and then Sync Settings
A caching mechanism improves the performance by storing a specified amount of data on the device. You can configure File Cache and Media Cache based on your device’s storage capacity.
For the cache configuration navigate to Settings and then Cache Settings and then navigate to File Cache/Media Cache to set the value.
The Passcode secures your One.com app by asking for a four-digit passcode to be entered during the app launch.
For the passcode configuration navigate to Settings and then Passcode Lock and provide a four-digit passcode.
Delete all Bix files from your device
You can clear your account data by navigating to Settings.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Remove my account from device.
This will delete all the files downloaded from your account to your device.