How do I make a backup of my database?
Follow these steps to make a backup of your database:
- Go to phpMyAdmin in the Control Panel of your domain.
- Click Databases in the menu
- Click the name of the database you want to export, e.g. example_com.
- Click Export.
- Select Custom - display all possible options.
- Select the tables you want to export.
- Scroll down and tick the checkbox Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT statement under Object Creation options.
- Click on Go.
The exported tables are now saved to a file called example_com.sql that you can import into another database.